Movie Review: Ratatouille
Remy (Ratatouille) making his dream come true: to become a great chef like Auguste Gusteau.
A rat with taste? Remy, a French country rat with a passion for fine food, finds himself in Paris at Gusteau’s, his idol’s restaurant. Only Auguste Gusteau unexpectedly died upon reading a bad review by critic Anton Ego. The once great restaurant now lives on its reputation.
Remy sneaks into Gusteau’s kitchen and secretly (of course!) improves a soup with his special touch of spices and herbs. Linguini, the garbage boy, gets the credit. Remy and Linguini develop a working relationship and together they turn the restaurant around…to once again face the critic Anton Ego. Ego insists on meeting the chef…
Double the Fun: Create Food Memories
Anton Ego takes one bite into Remy’s ratatouille and is transported back to childhood.
Get inspired with ways to create memories around food:
- Present a menu for your next family meal. Download our model for tomato salad, lamb chops, and crumble.
- Spark up meal time laughter that tells your kids they’re wonder-full. Read on ...
- Decorate the plate with edible “art.” More...
- Create a family tradition where kids cook for the parents! YES, more please...
“All men dream, but unequally...Those who dream during the day with their eyes wide open are dangerous men; they act out their dreams to make them reality.”
T.E. Laurence (Laurence of Arabia)
Remy the rat dreamed dangerously. So did Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela, and Mother Theresa. Remy the rat dreamed dangerously. Your child can too.
Consider our tips to encourage dreaming in your home:
- Share goals and successes: Dad’s, Mom’s, and the grandparents’.
- Take time to dream with Dad.
- Enjoy saving.
- Read One Hen: How One Small Loan Made a Big Difference Kids relate to the story of Kojo, a West African boy who is given a loan to buy one hen. That hen lays eggs and chicks and… When Kojo enables another young lad to buy one hen, he’s helping others make their dream come true.
Follow Remy (a nice rat!!!?) in Paris as he makes his dream—to be a great chef—come true.
One Hen - How One Small Loan Made a Big Difference
Microfinance made enthralling for kids and parents through Kojo's story.
Superstar Posh Pig Bank
Make saving for dreams fashionable and fun.