Tea for Two
Parents’ Advent: December 11
Think a love-thought for a child or spouse over a cuppa. Write the name of your loved one on the bottom of a mug. Every time you take a cup, look underneath and think a kind thought or say a prayer for your Secret Tea Partner.
“Who will get the prayer?” I wonder as I reach for a cup. We have written the names on identical mugs so that every time the Secret Tea Partner is a surprise.
When I see that name on the bottom of the mug, it’s a moment of calm in the storms of life. I take a few seconds (this works for busy people too!) to think a loving thought:
- that our relationship may be stronger,
- that my child can receive and give love
- that my sons may grow into positively contributing members of society
- that my kids would grow in wisdom and in stature (they’re getting tall!)
- that I might love my husband the way that he needs to be loved…
Oh, and invariably after a tiff, it’s always that person’s cup that I seem to choose. Coincidence or….
Tea with Excitement
“Mom, you have my name!” The kids love it.
You’ll need a Porcelaine Marker. We used the Cloisonné version which are easily found in France. The bright colored Marker Pens seem more readily available in the U.S.
- Select a clean and dry mug
- Turn the mug upside down and write the selected name on the bottom side
- Optional: If you are using bright colored markers, outline the letters with a thin black marker. It will make the letters stand out more.
- Let the porcelaine marker dry for 24 – 48 hours (check directions)
- Bake in your oven at medium temperature for about ½ hour (again check directions).